Date: October 1, 2020
The Austrian Patent Office (APO) notified the International Bureau in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 12 of the Framework Provisions that it would commence operation as a depositing and accessing office with effect from October 1, 2020.
Technical and operational options adopted by APO are:
- APO as a depositing Office will deposit certified copies of patent, utility model, industrial design and trademark applications as priority documents, including PCT applications filed at our Office on and after 01 October 2020, which the applicant specifically requests be made available to the service
- APO as an accessing Office will recognize priority documents available to it through the service for the purposes of any application for which the time for furnishing the priority document has not expired by 01 October 2020.
- All documents and information will be exchanged in black and white or color and in PDF format through the WIPO DAS Office web portal and based on WIPO PCT-EDI;
- As an Accessing Office, the Office will accept color, greyscale black and white documents in PDF format as deposited by the depositing
The following practical information may be useful to applicants:
- A request to APO to make an application available through the service may be made by sending a communication clearly stating the relevant application number and indicating that it should be made available to the WIPO Digital Access Service;
- To request APO as an accessing Office to retrieve the document from the service, the applicant should send a communication to APO.
- The national and international patent applications hosted in APO’s digital library use the respective number formats A NNNNN/YYYY and PCT/XXYYYY/NNNNNN.
- The national industrial applications hosted in our digital library use the number format MU NNNN/YYYY.
- The national utility model applications hosted in our digital library use the number format GM NNNNN/YYYY.
- The national trademark applications hosted in our digital library use the number format AM NNNNN/YYYY.
- Further details on APO's participation in the service will be made available at APO's website (http://www.patentamt.at/).