Date: September 12, 2020
On July 28, 2020, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) notified the International Bureau that it would commence operation as an accessing office with effect from September 12, 2020.
As an Accessing Office, the technical and operational options adopted by the EUIPO are:
- recognize priority documents available to it through the service for the purposes of any application for which the WIPO DAS code has been supplied at the time of filing.
- accept color, grayscale black and white documents in PDF or JPEG format as deposited by the Depositing Office.
The following practical information may be useful to applicants:
- In order to request that the EUIPO, as an Accessing Office, retrieve a document from the service, the applicant must provide the following information in the priority claim section on the application form:
- Filing number
- Filing date
- WIPO DAS code
- Further details on the EUIPO’s participation in the service will be made available at our office’s website euipo.europe.eu
Date: July 11, 2020
The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) notified the International Bureau in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 12 of the Framework Provisions that it would commence operation as a depositing office with effect from July 11, 2020.
- EUIPO as a depositing Office will deposit certified copies of Industrial Design applications as priority documents, filed at the EUIPO from July 11, 2020 onwards, which the applicant specifically requests be made available to the service;
- All documents and information will be exchanged in black and white or color and in PDF format through the WIPO DAS Office web portal and based on WIPO DAS.
The following practical information was also shared, that may be useful to applicants:
- A request to EUIPO to make an application available through the service may be made by using the intended box in the e-filing form, available from the EUIPO website clearly
indicating that it should be made available to WIPO Digital Access Service;
- Industrial Designs applications hosted in EUIPO’s digital library use the number format NNNNNNNNN-NNNN
Further details on the EUIPO’s participation in the service will be made available at the EUIPO’s website www.euipo.europa.eu