IP Teaching Workshop for Omani Teachers
November 20, 2019
WIPO and the Ministry of Education of Oman jointly organized a National Workshop on Intellectual Property (IP) Teaching for Omani Teachers from November 6 to 7, 2019 in the margins of the Oman Science Festival in Muscat.
The workshop is part of the integration of IP4Youth&Teachers in school curricula across the Arab Region, and serves as a follow-up to the international seminar on IP education for teachers, which took place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates in 2017.
22 Omani teachers, 14 of whom were women, participated in the blended learning program. The workshop started with an online phase consisting of the customized version of the WIPO Academy’s General Distance Learning Course on IP (DL-101) for Oman, which was jointly developed with the IP Department at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of Oman in 2019. The online phase was followed by a face-to-face workshop, which covered a range of topics including:
- An introduction to the basics of IP;
- Customizing IP education;
- The theory of inventive problem solving (TRIZ);
- Practical sessions on developing learning outcomes for trademarks, copyright and patents; and
- Methodologies of teaching innovation at different levels of the education system.