Francis Gurry led WIPO as Director General from October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2020.
Francis Gurry was appointed Director General of WIPO in October, 2008.
- Born: May 17, 1951
- Family: Married, three children
- Nationality: Australian
- Languages: English, French
Advisory, editorial, other boards
- Campaign Patron, Campaign for the University of Melbourne
- Honorary Chair, Board of Management, Centre for China Innovation Index Research, Peking University
- Advisory Board, Geneva LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS), University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
- Honorary Advisory Board, Melbourne Journal of International Law
- Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Law, Faculty of Law, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Intellectual Property Forum
- Intellectual Property Research Institute of Australia, Faculty of Law, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Indian Journal of Intellectual Property
- SCRIPT-ed- A Journal of Law, Technology & Society (University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom)