5th International Forum on Creativity and Inventions
A Better Future for Humanity in the 21st Century - Intellectual Property (IP) in a Changing World: New Challenges and Opportunities
New Delhi, India, November 11 to 13, 2009
The 5th International Forum on Creativity and Inventions – A Better Future for Humanity in the 21st Century, will take place in New Delhi, India from November 11 to 13, 2009. The event is organized by The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), in cooperation with the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India and with the assistance of the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
The Forum will provide an opportunity for a range of stakeholders engaged in promoting innovation, including high-level economic and technology policy-makers, heads of intellectual property (IP) offices, academics and the private sector to exchange experiences and ideas on topical IP issues.
These include the implications of the global economic downturn for IP and how IP can mitigate the impact of the economic crisis, IP for economic resurgence and development, new innovation models and strategies, and the role of IP in fostering the development of new technologies. The advantages of developing a national IP and innovation strategy as a cohesive framework for the development of dynamic innovation ecosystems together with the critical role of public research institutions, universities and industry will also be explored. Emphasis will also be placed on examining ways to harness the potential benefits of using IP strategically to create opportunities for improved business competitiveness, market expansion and economic development.
Distinguished speakers from Asia including India, Africa, Latin America, Europe and the United States of America will address the following themes:
- Theme 1: The Evolving Global Economy and its Impact on IP
- Theme 2: The Role of IP in Promoting, Generating and Accessing New Technologies
- Theme 3: The Innovation Paradigm: Effective National IP and Innovation Eco-systems
- Theme 4: The Creativity Challenge: Sustained Generation of and Access to Knowledge
- Theme 5: Dynamic Use of IP for Business Competitiveness
- Theme 6: Building Respect for IP
The Forum is open to WIPO Member States and WIPO-accredited international organizations engaged in innovation promotion. IP professionals, and representatives of the private sector and the research and academic communities are also invited to participate.
- Mr. Hossein Moayedoddin, Deputy Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Asia and the Pacific;
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Chandni Raina, Joint Director, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, New Delhi 110011,
Tel: 009111- 2306 3596
e-mail address: email@example.com
For registration formalities please contact:
Ms. Sheetal Chopra
Senior Assistant Director
Federation of Indian Chambers of commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Room No. 259 Udyog Bhawan
New Delhi 110 001
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org