The Assembly of the Madrid Union endorsed at its thirty-seventh (21st Extraordinary) session the recommendation of the ad hoc Working Group on the Legal Development of the Madrid System for the International Registration of Marks that the International Bureau make available to the Offices of Contracting Parties a number of standard forms (until August 31, 2009). For full background information on the standard forms, please refer to document MM/LD/WG/2/6.
The model forms are intended to reflect the essential applicable requirements under the Common Regulations. Therefore, they may require some adaptation to suit the particular needs of each Contracting Party. The International Bureau is at the disposal of interested Offices with a view to adjusting such forms to their individual requirements.
Following the amendment of the Common Regulations, effective September 1, 2009, those standard forms have been revised into a set of model forms.
- Model Form 1 – Information Relating to Possible Oppositions [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 2 – Dates on Which Opposition Period Begins and Ends [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 3 – Provisional Refusal of Protection [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 4 – Statement of Grant of Protection [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 5 – Statement of Grant of Protection Following a Refusal [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 6 – Confirmation of Total Provisional Refusal [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 7 – Further Decision Affecting the Protection of a Mark [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 8 – Interim Status of a Mark [DOC] [PDF]
- Model Form 9 – Ceasing of Effect of the Basic Application, of the Registration Resulting Therefrom, or of the Basic Registration [DOC] [PDF]