The Center believes that mediation should be cost effective. In consultation with parties and mediators, the Center ensures that fees charged in a WIPO mediation are appropriate in light of the circumstances of the dispute.
Mediator's Fees (*)
|0.10% of the value of the mediation, subject to a maximum of $10,000||300-$600 per hour||$1,500-$3,500 per day|
- The value of the mediation is determined by the total value of the amounts claimed.
- Where the Request for Mediation does not indicate any claims for a monetary amount or the dispute concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $1,000 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. The adjustment shall be made by reference to the administration fee that the Center, after consultation with the parties and the mediator, determines in its discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances.
- A mediator shall be required to maintain a detailed and accurate record of the work done and the time spent on the mediation. Following the termination of the mediation, a copy of such records shall be provided to the parties and the Center, together with the mediator's invoice.
- After consulting with the parties and the mediator, the Center shall determine the final amount to be paid to the mediator, taking into consideration the hourly or daily rates and other factors such as the complexity of the subject matter of the dispute and of the mediation, the total time spent by the mediator, the diligence of the mediator and the rapidity of the mediation proceedings.
- Any monetary amounts in dispute expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall, for the purposes of calculating the costs of the mediation, be converted if necessary to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the official United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of payment.
- A 25% reduction on the Center's administration fees applies if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application, holders after publication under the Hague system, the Madrid system, or WIPO Green technology providers or seekers.
Payment Information Details
1. Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
i) Bank transfer:
- Payments in US$: WIPO Account IBAN CH68 0483 5063 0397 8200 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, Swift Code: CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in Euro: WIPO Account IBAN CH33 0483 5048 7080 8200 3, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, Swift Code: CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in CHF: WIPO Account IBAN CH51 0483 5048 7080 8100 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, Swift Code: CRESCHZZ80A
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, and in cases subject to the WIPO Rules the names of the parties to the proceeding.)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Arbitration and Mediation Center
34, chemin des Colombettes
1211 Geneva 20
(When mailing the check, please mention the paying party and the case reference.)
iii) Deduction from WIPO current account.
2. Payments in cash will not be accepted.
3. All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.