This program provides advanced intellectual property (IP) education to graduate students, young university professionals, researchers and government officials and dealing with IP rights. It also provides training opportunities for teachers of IP.
Courses are taught by skilled and experienced faculty members. The focus is on regional and multilateral negotiations and implementation of international conventions, taking into account the wide range in levels of development within which IP systems operate. Teaching methods include lectures, case studies, group discussions, in some cases practical training and distance learning. Participants are given the opportunity for hands-on experience through internships at WIPO, certain regional IP offices, national IP Offices or in private companies.
Master's Degrees in IP Law
The following programs are awarded jointly by the WIPO Academy with other institutions:
- Master's Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) - Mutare, Zimbabwe
- Master's Degree on Intellectual Property (MIP) - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Intellectual Property - Brisbane, Australia
- Master's Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) - Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Intellectual Property - Turin, Italy
- Master's Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) - Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Master's Degree in Patent Law - Haifa, Israel
- Intensive Course on IP and Business Entrepreneurship (Haifa, Israel)
Colloquia and Symposia for IP Education
With regards to training for teachers of IP, the program seeks to encourage developing countries to increase IP awareness generally by introducing IP more broadly into their education systems. This is achieved through colloquia and symposia for IP education, training and research in collaboration with universities, national and regional IP offices and other international organizations.