TLT Notification No. 7
Trademark Law Treaty
Entry into Force
The Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) presents his compliments to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and has the honor to notify him that the Trademark Law Treaty will enter into force on
August 1, 1996,
that is, three months after the deposit by five States of their instruments of accession or ratification.
In this connection, it is recalled that instruments of ratification or accession of the said Treaty were deposited:
- on December 19, 1995, by the Republic of Moldova
- on January 30, 1996, by Ukraine
- on March 6, 1996, by the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- on April 3, 1996, by the Czech Republic
- on May 1, 1996, by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Consequently, in accordance with the provision of Article 20(2) of the Trademark Law Treaty, the said Treaty will enter into force on August 1, 1996, with respect to the five States referred to above.
May 1, 1996