Singapore Notification No. 12
Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
Entry into Force
The Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) presents his compliments to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and has the honor to notify him that the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks will enter into force on
March 16, 2009,
that is, three months after the deposit by the tenth State of its instrument of ratification or accession.
In this connection, it is recalled that instruments of ratification or accession of the said Treaty were deposited:
- on March 26, 2007, by the Republic of Singapore
- on July 6, 2007, by the Swiss Confederation
- on January 21, 2008, by the Republic of Bulgaria
- on March 25, 2008, by Romania
- on June 24, 2008, by the Kingdom of Denmark
- on September 9, 2008, by the Republic of Latvia
- on September 12, 2008, by the Kyrgyz Republic
- on October 1, 2008, by the United States of America
- on December 16, 2008, by the Republic of Moldova
- on December 16, 2008, by Australia.
Consequently, in accordance with the provision of Article 28(2) of the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks, the said Treaty will enter into force on March 16, 2009, with respect to the ten States referred to above.
December 16, 2008