PLT Notification No. 12
Patent Law Treaty (PLT)
Entry into Force
The Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) presents his compliments to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and has the honor to notify him that the Patent Law Treaty will enter into force on
April 28, 2005,
that is, three months after the deposit by ten States of their instruments of ratification or accession.
In this connection, it is recalled that instruments of ratification or accession of the said Treaty were deposited:
- on September 27, 2001, by the Republic of Moldova
- on April 24, 2002, by the Kyrgyz Republic
- on May 8, 2002, by the Republic of Slovenia
- on July 16, 2002, by the Slovak Republic
- on December 19, 2002, by the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- on March 31, 2003, by Ukraine
- on April 14, 2003, by the Republic of Estonia
- on March 16, 2004, by the Kingdom of Denmark
- on December 20, 2004, by the Republic of Croatia
- on January 28, 2005, by Romania.
Consequently, in accordance with the provision of Article 21 of the Patent Law Treaty, the said Treaty will enter into force on April 28, 2005, with respect to the ten States referred to above.
January 28, 2005