Paris Notification No. 14
Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property
Entry into force of Articles 13 to 30 of the Stockholm Act
The Director of the United International Bureaux for the Protection of Intellectual Property (BIRPI) presents his compliments to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and has the honor to remind him that instruments of ratification or accession, relating to Articles 13 to 30 of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property of March 20, 1883, as revised at Stockholm on July 14, 1967, were deposited by:
- Ireland, on March 27, 1968,
- the German Democratic Republic, on June 20, 1968,
- the Republic of Senegal, on September 19, 1968,
- the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, on December 4, 1968,
- the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, on February 26, 1969,
- the Socialist Republic of Rumania, on February 28, 1969,
- the State of Israel, on July 30, 1969,
- the Kingdom of Sweden, on August 12, 1969,
- the Hungarian People's Republic, on December 18, 1969,
- the Kingdom of Denmark, on January 26, 1970,
- the Swiss Confederation, on January 26, 1970.
The Director of BIRPI has the honor to remind him further that the notification of the deposit of the second of these instruments has given rise to communications from some Governments disputing its validity, communications which have been transmitted to the States party to the Paris Convention.
In accordance with Article 29(5) of the Stockholm Act of the above Convention, the Director of BIRPI has the honor to notify him that, pursuant to the provisions of Article 20(2)(b) and Article 20(3) of the said Act, Articles 13 to 30 will enter into force on
April 26, 1970,
that is, three months after the deposit of the tenth instrument of ratification or accession.
February 4, 1970