Locarno Notification No. 8
Locarno Agreement Establishing an International Classification for Industrial Designs
Entry into Force
The Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) presents his compliments to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and, referring to Article 14(5) of the Locarno Agreement Establishing an International Classification for Industrial Designs, has the honor to inform him that, pursuant to the provisions of Article 9(3)(a), the said Agreement will enter into force on
April 27, 1971,
that is, three months after the deposit of the fifth instrument of ratification or accession.
In this connection, the Director General of WIPO has the honor to remind him that instruments of ratification or accession, relating to the said Agreement, were deposited:
- on October 13, 1969, by the German Democratic Republic
- on July 7, 1970, by the Kingdom of Sweden
- on July 9, 1970, by Ireland
- on August 4, 1970, by the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic
- on January 27, 1971, by the Kingdom of Denmark
- on January 27, 1971, by the Kingdom of Norway
- on January 27, 1971, by the Swiss Confederation.
The Director General of WIPO has the honor to recall also that the notification of the deposit of the first of these instruments gave rise to communications from some Governments disputing its validity, communications which have been transmitted to the States party to the said Agreement.
February 10, 1971