||1. Reference is made to the letter from Mr. Gustavo Schötz, Director, Copyright Division, Ministry of Justice and Human Rights (attached), to the Director General, dated March 9, 2016.
2. The government of Argentina is requesting WIPO’s collaboration in a conference in conjunction with the 42nd International Book Fair in Buenos Aires, “XIV Jornada de derecho de autor en el mundo editorial”, including the presence of a WIPO representative with specific expertise in collective management, such as Mr. Martin Moscoso, consultant and expert from Peru, to participate, as a speaker. The event, which will take place on April 28, 2016, will address challenges with respect to the good governance of collective management organizations.
3. As we have discussed, WIPO is prepared to collaborate in the organization of the conference, and the Copyright Law Division is able to facilitate the participation of Mr. Moscoso, who is also the SCCR Chair, in the activity. This will be more economical than sending a representative from Geneva.
4. In addition, CID supports sending Mr. Martin Moscoso as a speaker to the event in Buenos Aires on April 28, 2016, in order to support the Division’s work on collective management.
5. We have confirmed that Mr. Moscoso would be available, and could participate, as suggested. In addition to his expertise as current Chair of the WIPO SCCR, Mr. Moscoso formerly headed the Copyright Office at Indecopi, Peru, and has particular expertise that will support WIPO's interests in this activity.
6. The cost estimate for Mr. Moscoso’s participation is attached hereto. For your consideration and approval please, if you agree.