||The Directorate General of Intellectual Property (DIGEPIH) of Honduras has requested WIPO´s assistance for the organization of a National Seminar on IP, TK and GRs, to be held in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, on July 6, 2017.
The proposed activity would be addressed to officials from relevant government bodies, researchers in the field of biodiversity, as well as members of indigenous peoples and local communities (IPLCs). It would aim at building capacity on IP, TK and GRs issues. The government of Honduras is interested in particular on access and benefit-sharing (ABS) issues and the role of the IP system.
The government of Honduras would take care of the invitations to the event and of all the local organizational arrangements.
The Bureau of Latin America and the Caribbean is aware of this proposal and fully supports it.
The following proposal is submitted for your consideration:
1. Title: Seminario Nacional sobre Propiedad Intelectual, Conocimientos Tradicionales y Recursos Genéticos
2. Purpose of event: The objective of this Workshop would be to build capacity on IP, TK and GRs.
3. Venue: Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
4. Dates: July 6, 2017.
5. Organizers: WIPO, jointly with the Directorate General of Intellectual Property (DIGEPIH) of Honduras and the Directorate General of Biodiversity.
6. Program: A draft provisional program is attached.
7. Participants: Around 60 government officials, researchers and members of IPLCs.
8. WIPO official: Ms. Begoña Venero, Senior Counsellor, Traditional Knowledge Division
9. Working language: Spanish
10. WIPO’s contribution: Sufficient funds for this activity are available and are foreseen in the 2017 Workplan of the TK Division.
Costs to be covered by the TK Division (Prog. 0008, P1241, P. Act. 1 WP Act. 05: Capacity-building, technical assistance and training at regional, national and community levels):
• Travel, DSA and TE for Ms. Venero
• Coffee breaks