WIPO Standards provide a framework for working with information in intellectual property documents.
Using WIPO Standards helps intellectual property offices around the globe work in a more efficient, harmonious, and timely fashion.
WIPO Standards also greatly simplify both international cooperation among offices and use by the public of intellectual property information.
See the List of WIPO Standards.
- XML - ST.96 , ST.36 , ST.66 , ST.86 ,
- Kind codes - ST.16, Part 7.3
- Citations - ST.14 , Part 7.9
- Application numbers - ST.10/C , ST.13 , Part 7.2
- Titles of inventions - ST.15
- Presentation of dates - ST.2 , Part 7.1
- OCR [Optical Character Recognition] - ST.22 , Part 7.11
- Supplementary Protection Certificates [SPCs] - Part 7.7
- All WIPO Standards
- Results of all CWS surveys
The WIPO Handbook provides authoritative documentation of intellectual property information from around the world, including WIPO Standards, Recommendations, and Guidelines.
Who uses WIPO Standards and for what?
Survey on the use of WIPO Standards
Intellectual property offices can...
Intellectual property information users can...
Applicants for intellectual property protection can...
The CWS is the collaborative international forum for discussing and developing WIPO Standards, as well as other matters relating to intellectual property information and documentation.