WIPO Officially Launches New IP PortalSeptember 17, 2019
WIPO has launched its new IP Portal, a one-stop shop to the Organization’s full range of online intellectual property (IP) services. For users of WIPO’s IP services for patents, trademarks and industrial designs, the IP Portal will provide greater consistency in how they interact with WIPO, while maintaining the underlying business processes.
“The development of the new IP Portal is part of WIPO’s continual efforts to develop its IP filing and registration systems. As intellectual property rights move to the center of the global economy and usage of our global IP systems increases, WIPO is working to ensure that our growing pool of customers are provided with the modern, functional and easy to use systems they need for seamless operations in foreign markets,” said WIPO Director General Francis Gurry.
“By grouping access to our IP systems in one interface, with one sign-in protocol, the IP Portal is improving the overall experience for our customers. This is particularly relevant for multinationals as well as for newer users such as small and medium enterprises and individual businesses, especially in developing countries. The IP Portal also means greater efficiencies in WIPO’s internal administration of its IP systems, resulting in cost savings and other benefits.”
- Unified navigation – Harmonized top navigation on all existing IP services, facilitating movement between services.
- Single sign on – Log in just once using your existing WIPO Account username and password to navigate freely between services.
- Modernized look and feel – Integrated services are implementing a common user interface for a consistent, unified user experience.
- Customized dashboard – New, widget-based dashboard for logged in users, providing an overview of and shortcuts to existing IP services as well as a summary of transactions, portfolios and outstanding actions.
- Streamlined payments – You can view and process your payments in the IP Portal for Hague transactions. PCT and Madrid transactions will follow at a later stage. New payment channels such as PayPal are being introduced, but you can still use your Current Account at WIPO as your primary payment method.
- Single messaging system – Gradual introduction of a centralized messaging system for our IP services. Note: Messages will continue to be sent via email, and will still exist within the business systems too.
What looks different?
Standard features are being introduced across the top of the IP services; the services themselves will not change.
Example: WIPO’s PATENTSCOPE database featuring the new IP Portal top navigation, showing some of the features for non-logged in and logged in users: