Amendments to the PCT Regulations and to PCT Forms
It is recalled that the Assembly of the PCT Union, during its 50th session which was held in Geneva from 24 September to 2 October 2018, adopted an amendment to PCT Rule 69.1(a) which will enter into force on 1 July 2019. For further information, please see the “Practical Advice” in this issue, as well as “New/updated PCT Resources” for information on the availability of a PowerPoint presentation describing these amendments. Consequential modifications have been made to the demand form (PCT/IPEA/401) and notes to the demand form.1
The request form (PCT/RO/101) and the following forms relating to the International Searching Authority and the Authority specified for Supplementary International Search have also been modified with effect from 1 July 2019:
- PCT/ISA/201 (International-Type Search Report)
- PCT/ISA/206 (Invitation to Pay Additional Fees and, Where Applicable, Protest Fee)
- PCT/ISA/210 (International Search Report)
- PCT/SISA/501 (Supplementary International Search Report)
The modified forms are available under “Forms in force from 1 July 2019” at:
Furthermore, a number of modifications have been made to the Administrative Instructions under the PCT and the PCT International Search and Preliminary Examination Guidelines.
For further information on all the above-mentioned modifications, please see PCT Circular C. PCT 1572 at:
- Item 4 under Box No. IV has been amended to enable the applicant to expressly request postponement of the start of the international preliminary examination until the expiration of the applicable time limit under PCT Rule 54bis.1(a).