This user guide has been prepared using Mozilla Firefox 40. The screenshots and other details may differ if you use another version of the browser.
Digital certificates issued by the WIPO Customer Certification Authority are valid for two years. You will receive an e-mail from email@example.com prompting you to renew it three weeks before expiry and then a reminder one week before the deadline:
1. Before starting the renewal procedure, please make sure that your certificate is installed and visible in your internet browser.
- If you use Windows, select Tools > Options from the Firefox menu bar or click the Open menu icon at the top right corner; select Privacy & Security from the left-hand menu, then the Certificates tab (scroll down to the bottom) and finally the View Certificates button.
- If you use Mac OS X, select Tools > Apps from the Firefox menu bar or click the Open menu icon at the top right corner; click Preferences and select Privacy & Security from the left-hand menu, then the Certificates tab and finally the View Certificates button.
2. Your certificate should be visible under the tab “Your certificates”.
3. If this is not the case, you either need to use another browser in which your certificate is installed, or import a copy of your expiring certificate to this browser (e.g. from a location on your PC, network or portable device); please follow the detailed instructions in our user guide “How to import your certificate”. If, for any reason, your certificate is not available, please revoke it (at the certificates management page), or wait until it has expired, and enroll for a new one.
4. Once your digital certificate is visible in the browser, please navigate to the certificates management page.
5. Click "Renew". Next, you will be prompted to provide the Renewal ID Number that you have received with the renewal reminder mail and the Challenge Phrase that you created at your first enrollment for the certificate. If you do not remember your Challenge Phrase, wait until the certificate has expired and enroll for a new one. As for the Encryption Strength, we recommend to set it to "High Grade".
6. Click “Submit”. The successful installation will be confirmed.
It is strongly recommended to create a backup copy of the digital certificate and to keep it in a safe location. You will find detailed instructions in our user guide "How to retrieve and save a copy of your certificate".