New Madrid System Online Transaction: Management of Representative
March 1, 2021
Users of the Madrid System may now manage all transactions relating to representatives online, via the WIPO IP Portal.
This service allows users to appoint a representative to act on their behalf to manage international registrations before WIPO, request changes in the representative’s name and/or contact information and cancel the representative.
This electronic version of both the MM10 and MM12 forms can now be performed entirely online and follows a step-by-step process.
- Search by holder or representative name, trademark or international registration number
- Up-to-date information on the international registration
- Automatic confirmation email sent to the person submitting the request enclosing:
- the details of the transaction
- the WIPO reference number associated to the request
How does it work?
- Access the management of representative through the WIPO IP Portal Menu.
- Log in with your WIPO Account.
- Indicate whether you are the holder or representative and specify the kind of transaction you wish to perform (appointment*, change of name and/or contact information** or cancellation).
- Search and select the international registrations for which the transaction applies.
- For an appointment or a change of name and/or contact information, fill in the required fields. For a cancellation, verify the information and confirm you wish to remove the representative.
- Sign electronically.
- Receive your confirmation and a WIPO reference number by email.
* This is not available to the representative.
** This is not available to the holder.