Lithuania Latest to adopt Madrid E-filing Service
February 4, 2019
The successful rollout of the Madrid e-filing service continues, as Lithuania becomes the third member state to adopt it in the last three months. Joining on 1 February 2019, The State Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania can now experience a range of additional benefits, not least of which is a far simpler and reassuringly secure online application process.
In short, Lithuanian trademark holders will now be able to secure protection of their marks more quickly, and widen their international scope more effectively through the Madrid System. The translation tool for goods and services (into English), and compliance checks for the Nice Classification, are proving highly popular features with all new and existing users.
Other key benefits include:
- Reduced application irregularities, thanks to the national IP office’s database prepopulating key information.
- Direct access to the Madrid Goods & Services Manager system for listing goods and services, and acceptability across 35 contracting parties to the Madrid Protocol.
- A streamlined certification process at the office of origin.
- Synchronized filing with WIPO.
- Live application status displayed in the e-filing dashboard.
How to use the Madrid e-filing service
- Log on at the State Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania website
- Enter the basic mark/application reference and check the prepopulated application (based on data from the Lithuanian IP Office’s records).
- Select designated contracting parties and goods and services for protection.
- Update mark, holder, representative and language correspondence details.
- Pay the fees using a Current Account at WIPO or credit card.
Upon validation, the system sends the application directly to WIPO for registration.
Find out more
- Visit The State Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania website
- Contact us via the Madrid Contact service