Enhanced Services from the Madrid Client Records Unit
July 1, 2016
The availability of necessary trademark documentation can prove essential to complying with administrative and court procedures, or meeting requirements set by customs officials. WIPO is implementing solutions to ease your access to relevant documents from the International Register, which contains official information on all marks registered under the Madrid System.
To this end, we have recently introduced two new improvements to services offered by our Madrid Client Records Unit (CRU):
- cover pages for extracts from the International Register in the six languages of the United Nations; and
- expedited processing for attestations and copies of certificates of international registrations.
What documents are available?
Madrid CRU is on hand to provide you with extracts from the International Register and certify information and documents relating to your international registration of marks.
Available certified documents:
- Simple Extract: a copy of the international registration as published in the WIPO Gazette of International Marks, together with any notification of refusal of protection, invalidation and statement of grant of protection to date.
- Detailed Extract: a copy of the international registration as published in the WIPO Gazette, detailing all transactions such as subsequent designations, refusals, invalidations, statements of grant of protection, corrections or renewals recorded in the International Register to date.
- Attestation: a document containing specific information on the current status of an international registration/application.
- Certificate copy: a copy of the original document certificate issued for an international registration or upon renewal.
You can now choose at no additional cost among six languages for the cover page of extracts: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian.
And if you are in a hurry, it is also possible to speed up the issuance of extracts, attestations or certificate copies. For a fee, these documents can now be delivered to you within a maximum of five working days via express mail.
Learn how to request documents from CRU, fees and payment options.
Questions or comments?
- Read Information Notice No. 19/2016
- Visit our web page Extracts from the International Register
- Contact Madrid Client Records Unit
We are here to assist. Tell us what you think. Your feedback will help tailor CRU services to business needs.