Managing your international registration
Use Madrid Portfolio Manager to manage your international registration(s) online.
This application allows you to make important changes to your entire portfolio of registered marks in one place. Modify, expand, transfer, or renew your international application; and easily pay fees, view documents, or delegate responsibility for your portfolio. Learn more.
Tutorial: How to use Madrid Portfolio Manager Video
Note: Access to Madrid Portfolio Manager requires a WIPO Account.
If you’d like to receive email copies of certain notifications concerning your international registration, contact us to sign up for our e-Notifications service.
You will receive an email each time any of the following documents is processed by WIPO, and a copy of the document in PDF format:
- copies of provisional refusals;
- copies of irregular notifications of provisional refusals;
- copies of statements concerning the interim status of a mark in a designated Contracting Party;
- copies of statements concerning the final disposition on status of a mark in a designated Contracting Party;
- copies of invalidations in designated Contracting Parties;
- notifications concerning the recording of a change or of a cancellation;
- communications concerning irregularities in a request for a change or a cancellation;
- notifications concerning the recording of a license;
- communications concerning irregularities in a request for recording of a license; and
- notifications concerning the second part of the individual fee (Cuba and Japan only).
Learn more about the e-services and resources that make it easier for you to manage your international registration.