A discussion on organizational and institutional considerations will cover the following topics:
- the organization of the national/regional intellectual property office – current and future under the Madrid System,
- working language(s) of the IP Office,
- overall institutional strength of the IP Office (means of securing its knowledge, documentation of practices, financial autonomy, etc.),
- the staff, their education or background and training needs,
- general information on the examination system in place, its main features and time limits, and the fee structure,
- statistical data, such as the number of trademark applications received per year and information on the origin of these applications, and
- overall industrial property institutional framework (main practitioner and professional associations, educational institutions, user-associations, industry-associations, etc.).