Adams & Adams : First IAP Participant in South Africa
February 2, 2018
Following the launch of the Inventor Assistance Program (IAP) in South Africa in November 2017, Adams & Adams – one the leading firms in the country – has become the first local law firm to participate in the Program.
Five top lawyers from Adams & Adams have offered their pro bono services within the framework of the IAP.
Adams & Adams is already engaged in a wide range of other activities related to corporate social responsibility in the following areas:
- children and youth welfare;
- collaborative CSI projects;
- career development and pro bono; and
- environment and procurement.
The IAP is a wonderful tool, and by participating in the Program, pro bono attorneys provide a free kick-start to the use and development of the patent system in developing countries. Our work helps spur innovation at the grassroots level and also allows our own attorneys to develop their professional skills in new, rewarding ways.Louis van der Walt, Chair of Patents, Adams & Adams
Find out more
- No Invention Left Behind: Adams & Adams Joins Inventor Assistance Program (Adams & Adams news article)
- Apply to join the IAP as a pro bono attorney