Date: January 22, 2018
The Indian Patent Office (IPO) notified WIPO in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 12 of the Framework Provisions that came into effect on July 1, 2012, that it would commence operation both as a Participating and an Accessing Office of the WIPO Digital Access Service (DAS) with effect from January 31, 2018, with the following parameters:
- IPO as a depositing Office will deposit certified copies of patent and industrial design applications as priority documents, including PCT applications filed at the Office on and after 31.01.2018, which the applicant specifically requests be made available to the service
- IPO as an accessing Office will recognize priority documents available to it through the service for the purposes of any application for which the time for furnishing the priority document has not expired by 31.01.2018.
- All documents and information will be exchanged in black and white and in PDF format through the WIPO DAS Office web portal and based on WIPO PCT-EDI;
- As an Accessing Office, the Office will accept color, greyscale black and white documents in PDF format as deposited by depositing Offices.
- A request to the Office to make an application available through the service may be made by using intended Request Form, available from the Office website or by sending a letter clearly stating the relevant application number and indicating that it should be made available to WIPO Digital Access Service;
- To request the Office as accessing Office to retrieve the document from the service, the applicant should check the relevant box next to the priority claim on the application form or send a letter to the Office.
- The Indian national and international patent applications hosted in the library will have the respective number formats IN YYYYNNNNNN and PCT/INYYYY/NNNNNN.