Assemblies of the Member States of WIPO: Sixty-Third Series of Meetings
July 15 to 22, 2022
Opening of the Sessions
1. Opening of the Sessions (A/63/INF/1)
2. Adoption of the Agenda (A/63/1 Prov.1)
3. Report of the Director General to the Assemblies of WIPO
4. General Statements
5. Election of Officers
Governing Bodies and Institutional Issues
6. Admission of Observers
7. Draft Agendas for 2023 Ordinary Sessions
8. New Electoral Cycle of the Officers of WIPO Assemblies and other Bodies
WIPO Committees and International Normative Framework
9. Reports from WIPO Committees:
- The Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR)
- The Standing Committee on the Law of Patents (SCP)
- The Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT)
- Matters Concerning the Convening of a Diplomatic Conference for the Adoption of a Design Law Treaty (DLT)
- The Committee on Development and Intellectual Property (CDIP) and Review of the Implementation of the Development Agenda Recommendations
- The Intergovernmental Committee on Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Folklore (IGC)
- The Committee on WIPO Standards (CWS)
Program, Budget and Oversight Matters
10. Reports on Audit and Oversight
- Report by the Independent Advisory Oversight Committee (IAOC)
- Report by the External Auditor
- Report by the Director of the Internal Oversight Division (IOD)
11. Report on the Program and Budget Committee (PBC)
12. Reports on Staff Matters
- Report on Human Resources
- Report by the Ethics Office
13. Amendments to Staff Regulations and Rules
Global Intellectual Property Services
14. WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, including Domain Names
15. Madrid System
16. Hague System
17. Lisbon System
Closing of the Sessions
18. Adoption of the Report
19. Closing of the Sessions
- As indicated in the invitation circular C. N 4092 sent on December 15, 2021, to Members and Observers accredited to WIPO, all delegates are requested to register online by July 1, 2022, including those based in Geneva.
- Completing the online registration form is required, whether participating in person or remotely via the online platform. As usual, delegates planning to follow the proceedings via webcasting only do not need to register. Delegates may indicate whether they will be participating in person and/or remotely via the online platform; and whether they expect to have a speaking role.
- The submission of credentials is a pre-requisite for the completion of the online registration form. The credential document should be a dated and signed/stamped note verbale, official letter or document, originating from a competent authority of a Member State or Observer Organization accredited to WIPO, nominating the delegate to attend the Assemblies on behalf of said Member State or Observer Organization.
- The secure code for online registration, provided in circular C. N 4092 of December 15, 2021, may be obtained in exceptional cases only from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once registered online, each delegate receives by e-mail a registration number confirming their registration for the Assemblies. All registrations are subsequently verified by the Secretariat, which may individually contact a registered participant, if required (for instance, in case of questions regarding the credential document). Delegates who have indicated that they will be participating remotely will also receive additional guidance, joining instructions and an invitation to a pre‑meeting mini-coaching and connectivity test session with a technical assistance expert.
- Any questions or comments on the online registration procedure may be addressed to email@example.com.
- Organizations must enjoy observer status at WIPO before any individual(s) representing them can register for this meeting. Procedures for organizations to request observer status are available on the WIPO website.