Law and Legislative Advice Division
The Law and Legislative Advice Division is responsible for servicing the sessions of the WIPO Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT). The Division also administers a number of international treaties and, in particular, the communication procedures under Article 6ter of the Paris Convention (protection of state emblems and names and emblems of international intergovernmental organizations).
Our activities include:
- Preparation and holding of sessions of the SCT (including research and document production).
- Provision of legislative advice to member states.
- Biannual electronic publication of Article 6ter communications and all related advice.
- Organizing international symposia on geographical indications.
- Advice (in-house and to third parties) on all matters concerning the law on international trademark, industrial design and geographical indications.
Further details available in the latest Program and Budget Report.
- Program 2: Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications