International Classifications and Standards Division
The International Classifications and Standards Division is responsible for the establishment, maintenance and dynamic updating of international classifications and standards — crucial tools and instruments to bridge the gaps between various IP offices working in different systems and languages — which enable data to flow on a common platform and databases.
Our activities include:
- IPC (International Patent Classification).
- Nice Classification (goods and services for registrations of trademarks).
- Vienna Classification (figurative elements of trademarks)
- Locarno Classification (industrial designs).
- WIPO Standards
- FIT/Japan IP Global (Funds-In-Trust Japan Industrial Property Global)