Patents and Designs (Additional Transitional and Saving Provisions) Order of 1972
- Patents and Designs (Additional Transitional and Saving Provisions) Order
Patents and Designs (Additional Transitional and L.N. 74 of
Saving Provisions) Order under paragraph 7 of the Second Schedule Commencement: 27th November, 1972
1. (1) All pending applications for the registration of Saving for
.d f certain
Unite Kingdom patents made be ore the commencement pending of the Patents and Designs Act (hereinafter referred to as applications. "the Act") shall be dealt with in accordance with the former patents law.
(2) Where immediately before the commencement of the Act, any patent application
- was pending in the United Kingdom; or
- had resulted in the granting of a patent which had not been registered in Nigeria under the former patents law,
then, if application therefor is made within six months from the commencement of this Order, the patent shall, subject to section 27 of the Act (which deals with foreign priority), be registrable in Nigeria under the Act.
2. In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires, Interpre
expressions used have, the same meanings as in the Act.
3. This Order may be cited as the Patents and Designs Short title. (Additional Transitional and Saving Provisions) Order.