Legal Deposit Regulations, 2004
- Deposit of document
- Exempt documents
- Conditions for deposit Schedule
- Circumstances in which document can be returned to national publisher
- National publisher to grant permission to legal depository
THELEGAL DEPOSIT ACT REGULATIONS
The Legal Deposit Regulations, 2004 LN.PW2LDI
[The inrluian of this page is au!honrcd by LX. 112W6]
THE LEGAL DEPOSIT ACT
(under section 8)
THELEGALDEPOSIT REGULATIONS, 2004
(Made by the Minister on the 6th day of September, 2004)
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Legal Deposit Regulations, C'im
2; --(I) Each national publisher shall deposit with the legal depository z,"; the following number of documents
- two copies of a printed document;
- one copy of an audio-visual document.
(2) In any case where copies of documents whch are to be deposited in a legal depository are not of uniform quality-
- one of the copies shall be equal m quality to the quality of the highest pnced edition thereof and shall include aU materials forming part of the document
- the other copy shall be equal in quality to the quality of the largest number of copies produced.
3. The following documents are exempt from the provisions of the z,
[ncinelurion of this page is rulhorized by LN.llZW61
- colowing books:
- confidential documents;
- diaries and calendars not containing any artistic or literaq peculiarities;
- documents distributed in Jamaica by private and religious organizations to a select group of persons and not intended for genelal public consumption;
) documents embodying judicial, quasi-judicial or parliamentary proceedings;
- drawings not published as a collection of works;
- elementary and secondary school yearbooks;
- galley copies or manuscripts;
- laws of Jamaica, including subsidiary legislation;
- minutes of meetings;
- new impressions without alteration'and reprints of any dckment; @) newsletters of local interest published by associations, employee groups, govemmem departmenWpisbes, schools or union locals;
- official documents for which depositories are prescribed or established under any other enactment;
- offprim that are not repagioated or re-issued for public distribution;
- pattern andblueprints;
- photographs not published as a collection of works;
(v) presskl-and circulars,
Pc imluion of (his page ir authatircd by LN.IRW]
(w) programmes of activities and events;
(I)sound recordings that are only manufactured or distributed in Jamaica and that have no Jamaican content or major Jamaican contributor, that is to say, no Jamaican artist composer, conductor, narrator, orchem performer, producer or writer.
Q trade catalogues;
(2) unpublished Student reports: theses and other works produced .to meet course requirements.
4.41) Each national publisher shall. when depositing a document in the ?& legal depository. complete the form set out in the Schedule which shall sw. ammpany the document.
- Each national publisher shall complete a separate form in respect of each document which he deposits.
- Where a national publisher is a company. the form shall be completed by a director of the company or the company secretary and shall bear the stamp of the company.
- Where the legal depository returns a document to a national publisher because the document is inaccessible, the national publisher shall resubmit the document in a form that is accessible to the legal depository.
5. The legal depository shall return to a national publisher any document which he deposits which- M
- does not meet the requirements of the Act; mhml pb*.
- falls within the exemptions under regulation 3; or
- is in a format that renders the document inaccessible to the legal depository.
6. The national publisher shall grant permission to the legal depository t-
- copy (including download), reformat or refresh for pmervation tow and documentation purposes, any document he deposits; and
- pamit members of the public accessto any document he deposits purmant to the provisions of sections 61 to 65 of the Copyright Act and the Copyright (Librarians and Archivists) (Copying of Copyright Material) Regulation$ 1993.
inclusion of this page is authorired by LN.IRW6]
|THE WGAL DEPOSIT ACT|
|THE LEGALDEPOSITORY THE NATIONAL LIBRARY OF JAMAICA AND (insert m e ofany other desigMLEd hbrary)|
|Legal Depsir Form|
|Aseparatc fm is to be completcd in respect of each do~ument deposited.|
|Name ofNatianal Publisher Address ofNational Publisha E-mail Address of National Publisher BusinessTeIephone No. ofNational Publisher Pleasealso sue Home No. and Mobile No. Title of Document (asstated antitle page orlabel, nc.) kcriptin of Document Date of Publication of Document Format of First Publicatibn ofDoeurnenl Title Idenlifier (ISBN, ISSN, dc.) Format of Document Being Deposited No, of Copies of Docummt being Deposited||%||, if individual .|
Rodmioo Cost of Single lum [The imlcrion or this prxe is vulhotilcd by L.N.112M)6]
I declare thu I am a national publisha in accordance with the provisions of the Legal Deposit An
2. I hereby gram to the Legal Depmitory pamission to-
- mpy (including downlosd), reformst and reksh for prsmation and hrnmtation purposes, the document;
- pamit mambas afthe plblicacns~tothe dmment pmadlo redons 61 to 65 of the Copyrighl An and ihe Copyright (Librarians and Archivists) (Copying of Coprighl Mated) Regulations, 1993.
3. 1 hereby warram lb1 have the legal authority to grant to the Legal Depository the pmnission gramedunda paragraph (2), and thuI will indmmify and hold the Legal Depository harmlea against any and all third party claims in respen of the Legal Depository's dealings with the docurnem deposited
FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
Suue m'nditioo of domem when checked
Name and Position of Receiving Officer
[The iwluian of this page ir authorized by L.N. IR006]