Integrated Circuits (Protection) (TRIPS Agreement) Order, 5760-1999
Integrated Circuits (Protection) (TRIPS Agreement) Order, 5760—1999*
By virtue of my power under sections 2(b) and 14 of the Integrated Circuits (Protection) Law 5760—19991 (hereinafter: the “Law”) and with the consent of the Constitution Law and Justice Committee, I hereby order as follows:
1. In this Order—
“World Trade Organization”—the World Trade Organization constituted by the agreement signed in Marrakech on 15 April 1994;
“Foreign layout-design (topography)”—an original layout-design (topography) to which the provisions of section 2(a) of the Law do not apply;
“Member state”—a state that is a member of the World Trade Organization.
Application of Provisions of the Law
2. The provisions of the Law shall apply to a foreign layout-design (topography) in respect of which one of the following applies:
(1) its creator, on the date of creation, is a citizen or resident of a member state;
(2) its creator is a person or corporation with an active factory for the creation of layout-designs (topographies) or for the manufacture of integrated circuits in a member state on the date of creation.
Limitation on Period of Protection
3. Despite the provisions of section 9 of the Law, the period of protection in respect of a foreign layout-design (topography) shall be no greater than that set out in the country of origin; in this clause, “country of origin”—the member state in respect of which the provisions of clause 2 exist in a layout-design (topography), and if there be more than one such member state in which the provisions of clause 2 exist, the one that grants the shortest period of protection.
4. This Order shall commence on 23 Tevet 5760 (1 January 2000).
…………… 5760, ( ………… 1999)
Minister of Justice
IL024EN Integrated Circuits (TRIPS), Order, 1999—5760 page 1/2
* The purpose of this Order is the performance of the provisions of the World Trade Organization Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights Including Trade in Counterfeit Goods (TRIPS). The Agreements have been deposited in the library of the Ministry of Industry and Trade and any person may inspect them.
IL024EN Integrated Circuits (TRIPS), Order, 1999—5760 page 2/2