Contracting Parties > Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons > Finland
|Accession||October 10, 1968|
|Entry into force||January 8, 1969|
Declarations, Reservations etc.In a communication received on 30 September 1970, the Government of Finland notified the Secretary-General of its decision to withdraw the reservation formulated in its instrument of accession to article 12, paragraph 1, of the Convention. For the text of the said reservation, see United Nations, Treaty Series, vol. 648, p. 368.
Declaration made upon accession:
"(1) A general reservation to the effect that the application of those provisions of the Convention which grant to stateless persons the most favourable treatment accorded to nationals of a foreign country shall not be affected by the fact that special rights and privileges are now or may in future be accorded by Finland to the nationals of Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Sweden or to the nationals of any one of those Countries;
(2) A reservation to article 7, paragraph 2, to the effect that Finland is not prepared, as a general measure, to grant stateless persons who fulfil the conditions of three years residence in Finland an exemption from any legislative reciprocity which Finnish law may have stipulated as a condition governing an alien's eligibility for same right or privilege;
(3) A reservation to article 8 to the effect that that article shall not be binding on Finland;
(4) . . .
(5) A reservation to article 24, paragraph 1 (b) and paragraph 3 to the effect that they shall not be binding on Finland;
(6) A reservation to article 25, to the effect that Finland does not consider itself bound to cause a certificate to be delivered by a Finnish authority, in the place of the authorities of a foreign country, if the documentary records necessary for the delivery of such certificate do not exist in Finland;
(7) A reservation with respect to the provisions contained in article 28. Finland does not accept the obligations stipulated in the said article, but is prepared to recognize travel documents issued by other Contracting States pursuant to this article."