Member States Discuss the Development Agenda
The Provisional Committee on Proposals related to a Development Agenda for WIPO (PCDA) met in Geneva from February 20 to 24. Member States submitted 111 proposals, in ‘actionable and operational’ form, which they agreed to structure under the following six main themes:
- Technical assistance and capacity building
- Norm-setting, flexibilities, public policy and public domain
- Technology transfer, information and communication technology and access to knowledge
- Assessments, evaluation and impact studies
- Institutional matters including mandate and governance
- Other issues
This structure will constitute the basis for discussion at the second meeting of the PCDA in June. The Chairman of the PCDA, Ambassador Rigoberto Gauto Vielman of Paraguay, announced that he would conduct informal consultations with all interested parties ahead of the June meeting, after which Member States are expected to make recommendations for submission to the WIPO General Assembly in the autumn.
See the WIPO website for documents submitted to the PCDA.