Lisbon Notification No. 9
Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin and their International Registration
Entry into Force of the Stockholm Act
The Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) presents his compliments to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and, referring to Article 17(5) of the Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin and their International Registration, has the honor to inform him that, pursuant to the provisions of Article 14(5)(a), the Stockholm Act of the said Agreement will enter into force on
October 31, 1973,
that is, three months after the deposit of the fifth instrument of ratification or accession.
In this connection, the Director General of WIPO has the honor to remind him that instruments of ratification or accession, relating to the Stockholm Act of the said Agreement, were deposited:
- on July 30, 1969, by the State of Israel,
- on December 18, 1969, by the Hungarian People's Republic,
- on September 22, 1970, by the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic,
- on March 24, 1972, by the Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria, and
- on July 31, 1973, by the Republic of Tunisia.
August 3, 1973