The purpose of these pages is to provide non-lawyers with a quick guide on IP issues related to E-Commerce. You can use these pages to link to other web sites where you can get more in-depth information.
Note: These pages provide an overview about IP issues related to E-Commerce and are not a comprehensive guide to all E-Commerce issues. Your legal adviser is best equipped to give you advice on specific situations.
The 10 Point Checklist for IP Issues Related E-Commerce
Many things you need to know as an introduction to IP as it relates to E-Commerce may be outlined in 10 points. Spend a few minutes reading these points and then try your hand at the self-test at the end.
The 10 Points
- Understanding How Intellectual Property (IP) Relates to E-Commerce
- Taking Stock of Your IP Assets Relevant to E-Commerce
- IP Issues When you Design and Build Your Web Site
- IP Issues Related to Internet Domain Names
- How Your E-Commerce Business is Affected by Patents
- IP Issues in the Distribution of Content on the Internet
- Using Care in Disclosures on the Internet
- Important Contracts and IP
- Partnerships with Government and Educational Institutions
- IP Concerns about International Transactions in E-Commerce