China IPR SME Helpdesk Logo
The China IPR SME Helpdesk is a European Commission funded project that provides practical, business focused advice for European SMEs who operate in or with China. Launched in May 2008, the Helpdesk’s services are free of charge, and are aimed at assisting European SMEs in making the best IPR decisions for their business.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure": know before you go
Although providing practical advice to SMEs who have encountered IPR infringement in China remains a priority, prevention remains the best form of cure and with this in mind, the Helpdesk has developed a series of services that give practical, business focused advice on how to protect your IPR in China, and therefore prevent infringement. The services available to European SMEs are introduced below. To access the online tools, or for more information, please visit www.china-iprhelpdesk.eu or email email@example.com
1. The China IPR SME Helpdesk online portal – Hands on, practical advice
The Helpdesk online portal contains IPR business tools, designed to assist SMEs in making informed business decisions relating to China IPR. The portal contains a range of practical business tools:
- The Helpdesk Ask a Question tool allows SMEs to ask a specific question about any IPR issue. Our team of dedicated project experts will reply with practical, business focused advice within seven working days.
- The China IPR Solution Centre contains a wealth of information on commonly encountered IPR issues. SMEs can actively browse the service to find the solution to their IPR issue.
- The China IPR Case Study Catalogue allows SMEs to learn from the experience of real companies who have encountered IPR issues in China, which highlight the "dos and don’ts" of China IPR.
2. IPR Helpdesk workshops – Expert Training
In partnership with SME associations, Chambers of Commerce and industry associations, the Helpdesk arranges workshops on China IPR issues held in Europe and China in which dedicated China IPR experts provide practical IPR training to SMEs. Recent events include:
- ‘IPR Enforcement Roadshow’, held in association with IPeuropAware in Prague, Budapest and Luxemburg
- ‘Dealing with Business partners in China’ held in association with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce at The Hague
- ‘Protecting IPR at trade fairs in China’ held in Nanjing, Guangzhou and Tianjin
If you would like more information of Helpdesk events, or to discuss the possibility of arranging a specific workshop for the SMEs within your industry/network, please contact the Helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. IPR Helpdesk guides – Step by Step Guidance
The Helpdesk produces a range of expert written guides and factsheets that assist SMEs in understanding the IPR landscape in China. These are available in hard copy and can be downloaded from the Helpdesk’s online portal. The Helpdesk is currently producing a series of industry specific guides and a series of guides which address specific areas of China IPR. Guides currently available include:
- IP Strategy for European SMEs at Trade Fairs in China
- Technology Transfer to China
- A Textiles industry guide to China IPR
Throughout 2009, the Helpdesk team will be focusing on developing additional specific China IPR guides and will also begin to develop a series of e-learning modules which will address individual areas of IPR.
For any China IPR related query or for more information regarding the project, please
contact Helpdesk Manager: Camilla Ojansivu Underhill
Tel: +86 (10) 6462 0892
Address: Office C319, Beijing Lufthansa Center
50 Liangmaqiao Road, Beijing 100016