Resources for Journalists
This page offers pointers to information across the WIPO website, which may assist journalists and media contacts.
- Press room for press releases, updates and media alerts; plus how to obtain press accreditation to selected WIPO meetings.
- Director General for a profile of Francis Gurry and selected speeches.
- About WIPO for how WIPO works, its core tasks, program and budget, and the main decision-making bodies.
- Annual Reports for an illustrative overview of WIPO’s activities.
- PATENTSCOPE®: This facility allows you to search over one million international patent applications
- IP Digital Library gives access to online registers of international trademark applications (Madrid Express) and international patent applications (PCT Gazette).
- Domain Name Dispute resources include a search facility for WIPO UDRP Panel decisions on domain name disputes.
- IP statistics database gives access to industrial property statistics (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, plant varieties and microorganisms) by country and classification.
- Meetings and documents for official documents and meetings of WIPO committees, conferences and seminars. Alternatively, search meetings by topic.
- Calendar for dates and locations of WIPO events.
- WIPO Magazine reports on WIPO activities and features articles on IP, innovation and creativity in developed and developing countries.
- Visit WIPO.
- WIPO Information Center is a visitor center, offering information materials and exhibitions on IP.
- World Intellectual Property Day (26 April) displays the objectives, message, and Member States activities to celebrate the annual IP Day.
- Frequently Asked Questions.