Resources for Businesses
This page points to information across the WIPO website which may be of particular use to business-users of intellectual property.
International registration and legal services
- PCT Resources provides resources for individuals or businesses wishing to file an international patent application through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT); or to search patent documents.
- Madrid System for the International Registration of Marks enables trademark owners to seek protection in multiple countries through a single application; and to search trademark applications.
- The Hague System for the International Registration of Industrial Designs enables users to register an industrial design in multiple countries through a single application; and to search design registrations.
- Arbitration and Mediation Center offers cost effective, alternative dispute resolution options for the resolution of international commercial disputes between private parties. Services offered include: Internet Domain Name dispute resolution.
- Directory of IP Offices lists the contact details of national copyright and industrial property offices worldwide.
- SMEs site contains practical guides, articles, case studies and publications; plus details of forthcoming seminars. These cover many aspects of IP for business use, and are tailored particularly for the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises.
- E-Bookshop and Free Information Products offer an extensive range of guides, handbooks and other publications, which can be browsed by subject matter or by publication type.
- WIPO Magazine also includes a regular IP for Business feature.
- Visit WIPO
- WIPO Information Center is a visitor center, offering information materials and exhibitions on IP.
Training and education
- The WIPO Worldwide Academy offers a range of Executive Programs on IP for business managers.