Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
(1) Administrative tasks concerning the Union shall be performed by the International Bureau.
(2) The International Bureau shall provide the secretariat of the various organs of the Union.
(3) The Director General shall be the chief executive of the Union and shall represent the Union.
(4) The International Bureau shall publish a Gazette and other publications provided for by the Regulations or required by the Assembly.
(5) The Regulations shall specify the services that national Offices shall perform in order to assist the International Bureau and the International Searching and Preliminary Examining Authorities in carrying out their tasks under this Treaty.
(6) The Director General and any staff member designated by him shall participate, without the right to vote, in all meetings of the Assembly, the Executive Committee and any other committee or working group established under this Treaty or the Regulations. The Director General, or a staff member designated by him, shall be ex officio secretary of these bodies.
(7)(a) The International Bureau shall, in accordance with the directions of the Assembly and in cooperation with the Executive Committee, make the preparations for the revision conferences.
(b) The International Bureau may consult with intergovernmental and international non-governmental organizations concerning preparations for revision conferences.
(c) The Director General and persons designated by him shall take part, without the right to vote, in the discussions at revision conferences.
(8) The International Bureau shall carry out any other tasks assigned to it.