PCT Information Update
CZ Czech Republic (name of country)
The International Bureau has been notified that the name “Czechia” shall be used instead of the name “Czech Republic”; the two‑letter code “CZ” has not changed.
(Updating of several parts of the PCT Applicant’s Guide)
DJ Djibouti (general information; summary of requirements of the Office as receiving Office and of the requirements for entry into the national phase)
It is recalled that Djibouti became bound by the PCT on 23 September 2016. General information about Djibouti as a PCT Contracting State, as well as information on the requirements of the Office of Industrial Property and Commerce of Djibouti (ODPIC) as receiving Office and as designated (or elected) Office, have been published in the PCT Applicant’s Guide – see Annex B1 (DJ), C (DJ) and the National Chapter, Summary (DJ) at, respectively:
Furthermore, the Office has notified its requirements concerning the deposit of microorganisms and other biological material, as indicated in the PCT Applicant’s Guide, Annex L at:
DO Dominican Republic (electronic filing; fees)
For information on the acceptance, with effect from 1 November 2016, by the National Office of Industrial Property (Dominican Republic) as receiving Office of international applications filed using ePCT‑Filing, as well as information on the electronic filing fee reductions listed in item 4 of the Schedule of Fees that will be applicable, see “Electronic Filing and Processing of International Applications”, above.
GB United Kingdom (number of copies required; institutions with which deposits of microorganisms and other biological material may be made)
The Intellectual Property Office1 (United Kingdom) has changed its requirement concerning the number of copies of the international application on paper to be filed with it as receiving Office – it now requires one copy instead of three.
The address of the Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa (CCAP), an international depositary authority under the Budapest Treaty on the International Recognition of the Deposit of Microorganisms for the Purposes of Patent Procedure, has changed, as follows:
Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa (CCAP)
Scottish Marine Institute
Oban, Argyll PA37 1QA
HR Croatia (fees; who can act as agent)
The State Intellectual Property Office (Croatia) has notified changes concerning its requirements as to who can act as agent before it as receiving Office and as designated (or elected) Office – the following persons may now act as such:
- Any natural person who is a citizen of Croatia or of a Contracting State of the Agreement on the European Economic Area (hereinafter: the EEA), having permanent residence in Croatia or in a Contracting State of the EEA, holding a university degree in technical or natural sciences and having passed the professional examination for patent representatives before the Office2;
- Any natural person who is a citizen of Croatia or of a Contracting State of the EEA, having permanent residence in Croatia or in a Contracting State of the EEA, holding a university degree in an area other than technical or natural sciences, having at least five years of working experience in jobs relating to the acquisition and maintenance of industrial property rights, obtained after completing the studies and having passed the professional examination for patent representatives before the Office;2
- An attorney entered in the Register of Attorneys maintained by the Croatian Bar Association who passed the professional examination for patent representatives before the Office, or a law firm employing such an attorney or cooperating with him pursuant to some other contractual relationship;
- Any legal person with a registered office in Croatia or in a Contracting State of the EEA, employing at least one person meeting the conditions referred to in point 1 or 2 of this paragraph or cooperating with such person pursuant to some other contractual relationship and performing the activities of representation before the Office as its registered activity.2
The Office, in its capacity as designated (or elected) Office, has also notified a change concerning the exemptions, reductions or refunds of the national fee – the filing fee is reduced by 50% if the application is filed by electronic means; the same reduction applies where the text of the patent application filed on paper has been furnished additionally on an electronic carrier (for example, CD-ROM or DVD).
IN India (telephone number and e-mail address)
The Indian Patent Office has notified an additional telephone number and e-mail address for its New Delhi branch, and the deletion of one of the e‑mail addresses for the Kolkata branch. The telephone numbers and e-mail addresses to be used are now as follows:
Telephone: Kolkata: (91-33) 23 67 19 87, (91-33) 23 67 50 91
New Delhi: (91-11) 25 30 02 00, 28 03 43 10,
25 30 03 35 (PCT Section)
E-mail : Kolkata : email@example.com
(Updating of PCT Applicant’s Guide, Annex B1 (IN))
MX Mexico (location and mailing address; e‑mail address; telephone numbers; fees)
The location and mailing address, the e‑mail address and the telephone numbers of the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property have changed, as follows:
Location and Arenal 550
mailing address: Col. Pueblo Santa Maria Tepepan
Cuidad de México
Telephone: (52-5) 334 07 24, 334 07 00 (ext. 10606, 10024, 10010)
The amounts of the following national fees, payable to the Office as designated (or elected) Office, have changed with effect from 1 January 2016:
For utility model:
PA Panama (electronic filing; fees)
For information on the acceptance, with effect from 1 November 2016, by the Directorate General of the Industrial Property Registry (DIGERPI) (Panama) as receiving Office of international applications filed using ePCT‑Filing, as well as information on the electronic filing fee reductions listed in item 4 of the Schedule of Fees that will be applicable, see “Electronic Filing and Processing of International Applications”, above.
SK Slovakia (Internet address)
The Industrial Property Office (Slovakia) has notified an additional Internet address, as follows:
(Updating of PCT Applicant’s Guide, Annex B1 (SK))
UA Ukraine (mailing address)
The mailing address of the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine (SIPSU) has changed, as follows:
Dezhavne Pidpryemstvo “Ukrainsky Instytut Promyslovoi Vlanosti”
The State Enterprise “Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute”
1, Hlazunova Street
(Updating of PCT Applicant’s Guide, Annex B1 (UA))
Search fee (Australian Patent Office and Korean Intellectual Property Office)
As from 1 December 2016, there will be changes in the equivalent amounts payable in the currencies specified below for international searches carried out by the following Offices:
Australian Patent Office............................................................ KRW
Korean Intellectual Property Office......................................... AUD, SGD
The above-mentioned changes are indicated in Fee Table I(b).
- Intellectual Property Office is an operating name of the Patent Office.
- A list of patent representatives is available on the website of the Office at: www.dziv.hr/en/representation-before-sipo/patent-representatives/
- Payable where the national phase is entered under PCT Article 22.
- Payable where the national phase is entered under PCT Article 39(1).