Expansion of PCT Online Document Upload Service
It is recalled that, in January 2010, WIPO launched the PCT Online Document Upload Service (see PCT Newsletter No. 01/2010) to enable applicants to submit post-filing documents electronically via a web interface to WIPO in its capacity as International Bureau (IB). The service has now been expanded to enable applicants to upload post-filing documents destined for the International Bureau in its capacity as receiving Office (RO/IB).
Examples of the types of documents that can be sent to RO/IB using the PCT Online Document Upload Service are:
- requests for restoration of right of priority under PCT Rule 26bis.3;
- correction or addition of priority claims under PCT Rule 26bis.1;
- requests for incorporation by reference of elements and parts under PCT Rule 20.6;
- replacement sheets under PCT Rule 26;
- powers of attorney submitted to the RO/IB under PCT Rule 90.4;
- translations for the purposes of international search under PCT Rule 12.3 and/or for the purposes of international publication under PCT Rule 12.4; and
- declarations under PCT Rule 4.17.
IMPORTANT: This service is not to be used for the initial filing of international applications online. Note also that documents may only be uploaded once RO/IB has started processing the international application. The receipt of Form PCT/RO/105 is an indication that processing by RO/IB is underway and that documents can be uploaded to RO/IB using this service.