PCT Information Service
The PCT Information Service answers general inquiries about the filing of international applications and the procedure to be followed during the international phase of the PCT. For an overview of the PCT system please see Protecting your Inventions Abroad: Frequently Asked Questions about the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
Please note that correspondence relating to specific international applications should be addressed to the PCT Operations Division, preferably uploaded through ePCT: (this may be done through ePCT public services, which does not require you to obtain a digital certificate) or by facsimile: (+41-22) 338 82 70 or the specific fax number indicated on the forms issued by the International Bureau (IB), or you can contact the "authorized officer" directly.
Specifically and only for inquiries relating to:
- international applications filed directly with the IB in its capacity as receiving Office, or
- international applications transmitted to the IB as receiving Office under PCT Rule 19.4 (that is: where the national (or regional) Office with which the application was filed is not competent to receive the application concerned; where the application is not in a language accepted by that national Office; or for any other reason where the national Office and the IB agree that the procedure under this Rule should apply),
please contact the PCT Receiving and Processing Section of the IB: telephone: (41-22) 338 92 22, facsimile: (41-22) 910 06 10 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information on filing directly at the IB.
The PCT Information Service can be contacted as follows:
- Telephone: (+41-22) 338 83 38
- Facsimile: (+41-22) 338 83 39
- E-mail: email@example.com
Telephone opening hours are from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. Central European time (from 3.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. (noon) US Eastern time zone).