The ePCT system offers a wide range of services to Offices, all provided through a secure browser-based interface and available in all ten languages of publication. ePCT enables Offices to access the latest bibliographic data and any other relevant documents held by the International Bureau (IB) of WIPO.
ePCT for Offices offers a set of functions such as:
- enabling receiving offices (ROs) to record international applications filed on paper and accepting any post‑filing documents before transmitting them together with the record copy to the IB;
- transmittal of international applications to the receiving Office of the IB (RO/IB) under Rule 19.4;
- transmittal of priority documents and withdrawals of international applications and/or priority claims to the IB; and
- communications between the different Offices as well as between Offices and applicants;
- enabling International Search Authorities (ISAs) to prepare International Search Reports (ISRs), Written Opinions (WOSAs) and other PCT forms; and
- access for designated Offices to documents not available through PATENTSCOPE, including copies of non-patent literature uploaded with third party observations.
- Getting started for Offices
- ePCT Office user Guide
- ePCT Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Offices