This user guide has been prepared using Internet Explorer 11.0. The screenshots and other details may differ if you use another version of the browser.
There may be a number of reasons for importing a copy of a WIPO CA certificate, e.g. for enabling access to ePCT private services after a computer or a browser change or upgrade. These are the steps to follow:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. Open the Content tab and click Certificates.
3. Click Import.
4. The Certificate Import Wizard starts. Click Next.
5. Click Browse to navigate to the location where your certificate file is stored (if you use PCT-SAFE, the default location for certificates is the C:\PCT-SAFE\PKCS12 folder). If you don’t remember the location of the certificate, search for files with the extension .p12 or .pfx.
6. Select the file that you want to import (make sure to choose the option "All Files" to see those with the file extension .p12 or .pfx) and then click Open.
7. Click Next.
8. Enter the password which you created to protect your certificate after its first installation (i.e. when you exported it from the browser; see user guide How to pick up your certificate and save a copy of it, step 11) and tick all three boxes. Click Next.
9. Tick the second option and click Next.
10. Click Finish.
11. If in the next screen the security level is set to Medium by default; click OK.
12. Click OK.
13. Your digital certificate is now visible in the certificates list and ready for use.