- Importing a digital certificate into PCT-SAFE
How to enroll for your certificate
This user guide has been prepared using Internet Explorer 8.0. The screenshots and other details may differ if you use a different version of the browser.
2. Fill in your enrollment details and scroll down towards the bottom of the enrollment page.
Important: Please note that WIPO Customer CA digital certificates may only be issued to individuals, not in the name of companies. Individuals working for companies are invited to enroll for certificates using their own names.
3. Read the subscriber agreement and click Submit.
4. Confirm your e-mail address (if it is misspelled, you will not receive the approval e-mail with instructions to retrieve your certificate from the VeriSign website).
5. Click Yes.
6. If the security level is set to Medium, change it to High by following the next three steps. This is necessary to protect your digital certificate with a password. If it is already set to High, go directly to point 9.
Click Set Security Level.
7. Choose High and click Next.
8. Enter a password of your choice, confirm it and click Finish.
9. Click OK.
10. The enrollment process is complete. Please note that the WIPO Customer Certification Authority aims to approve certificate requests within one working day.
Once your request is approved, you will receive a second e-mail containing a Personal Identification Number and a URL where to pick up your certificate.