This user guide has been prepared using Mozilla Firefox 5.0. The screenshots and other details may differ if you use a different version of the browser.
Even if you do not plan to use the certificate immediately for e-filing purposes, it is important to go through the following steps in order to make a backup of your certificate.
Once you have received the approval e-mail from the WIPO Customer CA, you can proceed with the installation of your digital certificate. The e-mail provides you with a hyperlink to the Digital ID Center. Please note that you need to use the same computer and internet browser as for the original enrollment.
1. Click PICK UP ID.
2. Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN). To avoid typing errors, it is recommended to copy the PIN from the approval e-mail and paste it into the field below. Then click Submit.
3. Click OK.
4. Your certificate is now installed in the system and can be used in the browser.
5. You can view and manage your digital certificate in Firefox, and in order to be used for e-filing purposes in PCT-SAFE, it has to be exported from the browser using the Backup functionality.
Click Tools and Options. Select the Advanced panel and the Encryption tab. Click View Certificates.
6. Select the certificate to be exported in Your Certificates and then click Backup.
7. The default certificate location in the PCT-SAFE client software is the C:\PCT-SAFE\PKCS12 folder. Provide a name for your certificate file (e.g. MyWIPOCert). Click Save.
8. Enter a password of your choice.
9. Your certificate is now saved in the C:\PCT-SAFE\PKCS12 folder and ready to be used with PCT-SAFE.
It is strongly recommended to keep a copy of the certificate file in a location outside the PCT-SAFE folder!