This user guide has been prepared using Mozilla Firefox 40. The screenshots and other details may differ if you use another version of the browser.
Once you have received the approval e-mail from the WIPO Customer CA, which provides you with a hyperlink to the Digital ID Center and a Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can proceed with the installation of your digital certificate. Important: you must use the same computer and internet browser as for the enrollment, so you may want to open that browser first, copy the hyperlink from the e-mail and paste it into the browser's address field.
1. Click PICK UP ID.
2. Enter the PIN, preferably by copying it from the approval e-mail and pasting it into the field shown below, to avoid typing errors. Then click Submit.
3. Click OK.
4. Your certificate is now installed in the system and can be used in the browser.
5. You can view and manage your digital certificate in Mozilla Firefox and create a backup copy of it with which you will be able to access ePCT private services also on other browsers or after a browser upgrade. If you use the PCT-SAFE software, the backup file is necessary for online filing purposes.
- If you use Windows, click Tools and Options. Select Privacy & Security from the left-hand menu, then the Certificates tab (scroll down to the bottom) and finally the View Certificates button.
- If you use Mac OS X, select Tools > Apps from the Firefox menu bar or click the Open menu icon at the top right corner; click Preferences and select Privacy & Security from the left-hand menu, then the Certificates tab and finally the View Certificates button.
6. Select the certificate to be exported in Your Certificates and then click Backup.
7. Browse to the location where you wish to store the backup copy and provide a name for it, e.g. MyWIPOCert. (For PCT-SAFE, the default folder is C:\PCT-SAFE\PKCS12.)
8. Enter a password of your choice and confirm it. As an ePCT user you will need this password when you import the certificate to access ePCT private services on other browsers or after a browser upgrade. For PCT-SAFE users, this password will be needed for electronically signing and submitting PCT applications online.
9. Click OK.
Your backup copy is now stored and can be copied and used on other devices. It also serves as a backup in case of a computer or browser change when you may need to import the certificate. For PCT-SAFE users: it is strongly recommended to keep the backup copy in a location outside the PCT-SAFE folder (e.g. on a portable memory device for use on other computers if necessary).