Geneva, October 2006 to November 2007
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will be holding a number of colloquia on selected patent issues between October 2006 and end of 2007 at the headquarters of WIPO in Geneva. The colloquia are intended to provide information on different patent-related topics and to provide a forum for an exchange of information among participants on these topics. Each colloquium will include two presentations by invited speakers, followed by a workshop-type discussion.
Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in English, French and Spanish. The Colloquia will be open to the general public, and will not be subject to a fee.
Six half-day sessions on the following subjects have been provisionally scheduled (subject to possible changes):
- "The Research Exemption" (Wednesday, October 11, 2006)
- "Standards and Patents" (Wednesday, November 29, 2006)
- "Flexibilities in the Patent System" (Friday, February 16, 2007)
- "Technology and Policy Information Available in the Patent System" (Wednesday, March 14, 2007)
- "National Strategies and Policies for Innovation" (Monday, July 2, 2007)
- "Patents and Transfer of Technology" (Tuesday, November 6, 2007)