ONG Peng Chu
Ong Peng Chu, a Malaysian Music Industry veteran, spends more than 28 years involved in Music Copyrights Business, Music Productions, Music Publishing, Marketing & Promotions & Film Score Music Production. He is currently managing the Performers & Artistes Rights Society (PRISM) in Malaysia; and he was the first Asian elected as Board Director to the International Societies’ Council for the Collective Management of Performers Rights’ (SCAPR) in year 2005, and Asia Sole Coordinator for FIM & FIA.
He first started as a song writer, then as recording musician, and in the early 1990’s he completed Music Production & Sound Engineering courses in Sydney, Australia.
Ong is also a regular attendance of many established International Music & Film Festival, International Music Industry Seminars, Conferences and Trade Show. He also sat in the Board of Many Major Music Associations such as Music Council of Malaysia (MMM), Federation of Screen Guilds Societies of Malaysia (GAFIM) and others.
- International Societies’ Council for the Collective Management of Performers Rights (SCAPR) – Asia Coordinator
- Performers & Artistes Rights’ (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd – Managing Director
- International Federation of Musicians (FIM) – Asia Region Coordinator
- Music Council of Malaysia (MMM) – (Secretary General 2005-2007)/Council Member
- Recording Industry Association of Malaysia (RIM) – Board Member
- Music Authors Copyright Protection (MACP) Bhd – Board of Director
- Academy Industry Music Malaysia (AIMM) – Honorary Member
- Association of Malaysia Chinese Artistes (AMCA) – General Secretary
- Federation of Screen Guilds Societies of Malaysia (GAFIM) – Treasurer