Understand and use WAI-ARIA
Overview and objectives
This full day technical course introduces the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) specification. ARIA improves the accessibility of script heavy websites and web applications for assistive technology users. Learn about the problems ARIA sets out to solve, how it solves them and how to start using it.
- Suitable for: web developers and programmers. Key stakeholders in the build of websites who already have a good understanding of accessible web design.
- ARIA Markup - an overview of the ARIA specification and the new attributes that can be added to markup to improve accessibility.
- ARIA Tools - learn about some of the tools available to help you investigate and test ARIA implementations.
- Live Examples - see example widgets being read through a screen reader both with and without ARIA markup to see and hear the difference between them.
- Learn what new attributes ARIA makes available for use to increase the accessibility of widgets and applications that make use of AJAX.
- Find out what ARIA testing tools are available and how to use them.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to plan ahead for implementing ARIA when it becomes fully supported.